What do a church, school, playground, the YMCA, an NCAA college, and the average hoop-loving household have in common?
Here’s the answer: they all have the need for a quality basketball goal in their respective areas.
While it may not necessarily be found in Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, quality basketball goals have undoubtedly become a must for various public areas across Oklahoma. From parks and high-level training centers to gymnasiums and recreational facilities, all of these spaces need a hoop, backboard, and post.
Basketball goals are a staple part of any home or property because they’re a fun and easy way to stay active, encourage friendly interactions, and build stronger neighborhood relationships. Now that brands such as Quality Hoops are coming out with dozens of options for all sorts of setups and budgets, there’s no better time to buy than today.
A Quick Buying Guide for Basketball Goals
It’s great to have many options to choose from when purchasing a basketball goal, but it can be difficult to make a final decision. Whether you’re looking to buy something for your local team, league, gym, friend group, children, or yourself, there are many considerations to keep in mind.
Here’s a quick rundown of all you need to know when shopping for the best hoops according to location:
Basketball Goals for the Home
If you’re looking for a basketball goal to put in your driveway or backyard, there are various factors to consider when shopping around. Should you find yourself overwhelmed with the available options, here are a few things that you should ask yourself:
- Will kids be using the goal? If so, you may want to consider an adjustable system that can be lowered depending on the needs and limitations—or lack thereof—of who’s playing.
- How much space do I have to play in?
- Am I going to move soon? If so, a portable setup may be better for you.
- What will the homeowners association permit? This is something many homeowners take for granted, but it’s an important consideration before you purchase anything.
Basketball Goals for a Rec Facility or Playground
Getting a basketball goal for a recreational facility or playground means that you’ll need to look at the big leagues, in the direction of pro-grade or mid-tier fixed-height, portable, or wall-mounted basketball goals that can stand heavier degrees of use. And the purchase process doesn’t stop there because there are several questions you need to answer:
- What are the dimensions of the basketball court I’m buying a goal for?
- What kind of play is the goal or hoop set up going to see—will it be constantly intense and frequent?
- What’s the minimal backboard size and recommended material?
Picking the right kind of basketball goal for the area you want to hoop in can be complicated because of the sheer amount of options to choose from. With this guide, you will find the best solution that fits your needs, preferences, and budget. Soon, you’ll be spending hours playing with your family, friends, and community!
Quality Hoops offers a variety of portable basketball systems and portable basketball hoops for sale. At first glance, choosing a portable system might seem overwhelming, but we’ve made it easy for you to find the one that’s right for you. Simply check the options that fit what you’re looking for, and we will provide the results that match your specifications. Start browsing today!